Summer Slam Leader III- Officials
The successful candidates will be responsible of officiating games in the West Richmond Summer Slam program. The individual will liaise with the Coordinator, coaches, parents, volunteers, staff in order to fulfill the goals and objectives of the league.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Officiate youth basketball according to the general rules of the sport, as well as specific rules designated by the program.
- Regular attendance and punctuality.
- Communicates with children, staff and parents.
- Attend an in-house 3 hour officiating clinic
- Completion of Grade 9 plus 50+ hours of experience working or volunteering with children, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Emergency Child Care First Aid or Standard First Aid and CPR Level B (or higher)
- Attend an in-house 3 hour officiating clinic.
- Successful candidates will be required to pass a criminal record search
- Emergency Child Care First Air or Standard First Aid and CPR Level B (or higher).
- Reasonable physical condition to be able to work extended periods of time on his/her feet.
- Coaching and Leadership experience.
Hours of Work
- 16 hours/week for 7 weeks (July/August).
- Primarily late afternoon and Evening work is required.
Compensation and Benefits
How to Apply
Applicant should submit a detailed resume with cover letter that reflects their knowledge, skills and abilities relevant to the position, no later than 5:00 p.m., Friday, May 25, 2018 to:
West Richmond Community Centre
(Adobe PDF or MS Word format only)
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. However, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Duties may be carried out in a City owned facility, however the City is not the Employer for this position
This position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.